Email scam is also known as a phishing scam, mainly occurs by using fraudulent emails and websites with an intention to steal sensitive information like passwords, account data, confidential information and more. That’s why we recommend you to install Norton Setup with Product Key.
Email scam is a serious issue, so you need to be careful to protect your devices from online scams. Follow these methods to stay protected from it.
· Track your account on a regular basis
Keep an eye on your bank and credit card accounts on a daily basis to examine the suspicious activity. In case you find any unfamiliar activity then set a fraud alert and contact your bank regarding this.
· Notify Credit Card Company
Whenever you find any suspicious activity on your credit card statement then notify your bank or credit card company to freeze the card or replace it.
· Change Your Email Password
If you are in doubt that, by mistakenly you have click on the wrong link that gives access to your personal information and increases the chance of email scam, then immediately change the password of every email.
· Report to Scam resources
If you have become the victim of an email scam, then it is necessary to report some resources about the scam.
- Internet Crime Complaint Center- It is the combined website that is run by the FBI and the National White-Collar Crime Center. They will suggest some useful tips and other information to avoid email scams.
- National Fraud Information Center- They report fraudulent activity to the federal government and provide some links to whom you can ask for assistance.
- U.S. Department of Justice- They run websites that give you an option to file email-scam complaints. Along with that, it also offers some useful links, tips, and other information.
Update the software with the latest version:
Update your antivirus security software with the latest version as Norton.com/Setup offers real-time protection from viruses and other online threats. Along with that, make sure that the firewall is enabled and use VPN while using a public Wi-Fi network.